Childhood To Adulthood - The Journey So Far.

Childhood to Adulthood - The Journey So Far.
Childhood to Adulthood - The Journey So Far.


Once upon a time, I could not wait to have it all figured out, University degree, a well-paying job, a house, sleek cars, a wife and kids, a life of my own...if you really know what am saying, those were the days. These days I just wish I was 7 years old again when my biggest struggle then was deciding between Tom and Jerry, Spongebob Squarepants, Mickey Mouse, Power Rangers or Pokemon.






Becoming an adult is really easy, as easy as riding a bicycle. Except, there are no brakes, and the bicycle is on fire, the ground is on fire and everything is on fire because you are in hell! Back then I used to watch TV to get entertained, these days I watch the news and get depressed, and everyone keeps asking me, " How is it going Jude? " like I have any idea what is going on at any point in time. As a kid, I thought adults really had everything figured out. Mom and dad looked so confident all the time. Then I grew up fast and everything changed real quick, especially my perspective.




Adulthood is like looking both ways before crossing the highway then getting hit by a plane. Everything comes at you fast and overwhelms you without any prior warning. So it turns out that being an adult is mostly Googling how to do stuff. These days I enjoy not leaving my room, not leaving the house, not seeing the sun, not hanging out with the boys, missing my friends birthday parties, not answering my phone, basically just sitting alone with my thoughts introverting. My childhood punishments have become my adult hobbies. It really makes me wonder and ponder:




  • Is there a reset button I can hit?
  • Does life come with a rewind option?
  • Can I go back to watching Tales By Moonlight every other Sunday evening on NTA Enugu?
  • Can I go back to playing in the rain?
  • Can I go back to riding motorcycle tyres all around Ojira and Sabon Gari?
  • Can I go back to chasing grasshoppers all over Holy Child Model Nursery & Primary School fields?
  • Can I just resign from adulthood?
  • Go back to making decisions with the " eenie-meenie-minie-moe " method, sealing promises with my pinky finger and settling arguments by sticking out my tongue?
  • Can I just hop on a time machine and exit this depressing state of human existence called " Adulthood "?


Credit: Eze Drizzy Jude


Post a Comment

0 Comments